This applet helps visualising the impact of the use of location granules in location-dependent queries.
Please, allow some time for the applet to load (it may take a while). An alternative version for Java Web Start can be found
here. A list of systems and configurations where we have tested the applet can be found here.
For an interactive applet showing some examples of representation mechanisms, see this link.
JVM version above 1.5 required, preferably Sun's Java Virtual Machine.
- Drag and move the reference object (the red circle) over the map
- The blue line around the reference object is the calculated relevant area
- The affected granules are displayed in green and the selected
objects in magenta
- On the right of the map several parameters can be chosen, such as the allowed distance around the location of
the reference object and whether location granules have to be considered for the reference
object and/or the target objects.
- Two maps are available in the demo (Spain and France), which can be selected by using the drop-down selector
at the bottom. For the map of Spain the location granules considered are provinces.
For the map of France the location granules considered are regions.
Implementation of granules: Carlos Bobed (email@example.com)