Autonomous ageNT bAsed aRChitecture for cusTomized
mobIle Computing Assistance
Last update: July 7, 2004
Developed by the Interoperable Database Group and funded by the Spanish Government (CICYT project) in
collaboration with .
The ANTARCTICA project was born with the aim of improving the management of
data services in a mobile computing framework, so it proposes new data services
and new ways of understanding existing ones.
ANTARCTICA will provide mobile computer users with functionalities similar to the ones
offered by fixed computers.
The system that is being built is based on two pillars: the indirect model and
the agent technology.
- Main research topics related to the project are:
- Definition and evaluation of the system architecture
- Security mechanisms
- Intelligent (mobile) agents
- We work on the following wireless data services:
In addition, techniques for ADaptive User interface System (ADUS) can
be applied to all the previous services.
Publications on ANTARCTICA
- Download Test. Select pieces of software,
retrieve them following four different approaches and download the software on your
- PDA's. Info related to mobile devices
Feb 10, 2002